51 EPIC Christmas Card Crafts to Recycle/Repurpose Old Cards!
De-Christmasing is the worst, isn’t it? If you’re anything like me, you feel sad when the season is over. And one of the saddest moments is when you go to dump those wonderful Christmas cards you’ve received over recent weeks from friends and family. It always gives me a twinge of guilt to see all that color and glitter and pictures of loved ones staring back at me from the bottom of a Hefty bag…
*This post contains affiliate links. Please read our full disclosure policy here.*
So this year, I vowed to find a better way to deal with all those Christmas cards. And boy, did I ever find a way. In fact, I found 51 EPIC ways to recycle cards into beautiful Christmas card crafts.
Before we delve in, if your house is anything like ours, CLUTTER and CHRISTMAS go hand in hand! Let me help you get control! Grab our free decluttering guide now! It’s free. Click the picture below for instant access now ⤵️!
I’m confident that we all will find a few ideas we love here! And these great card upcycling projects will help us keep the spirit of the season lingering for years to come, without the clutter!
It’s wonderful that the cards people spent so much time creating can be repurposed and upcycled into something that can be used and admired year after year, isn’t it? Let’s bring on the ideas!
1. Wood Slice Vintage Christmas Card Magnets | Mod Podge Rocks
2. Geometric Christmas Card Ornament | What’s Up Fagans
3. Christmas Cutie Crate DIY | Pink Fortitude
My family lives on little clementine / mandarin oranges over the winter, so there are always a few of these crates floating around. Isn’t this a fun way to upcycle both the Cutie crate as well as the cards? Would make a fun little breakfast in bed type tray!
4. DIY Christmas Card Holiday Coasters | Ann’s Entitled Life
5. Christmas Gift Tags Made from Christmas Cards | What’s Up Fagans
Who doesn’t love a good ugly sweater craft? These could easily be made into ornaments, as well!
6. Recycled Christmas Card Snowflake Ornament | DIY Inspired
7. Recycled Christmas Card Decor | Party Planning Center
8. Washi Christmas Card Tree | Thyme is Honey
9. Upcycled Christmas Card Present Toppers | Brit.co
10. Christmas Card Wreath | Crafty Sy
Isn’t this gorgeous? What a great pop of color this DIY wreath creates! And a great way to see those old cards come out year after year when the wreath is mounted each holiday.
Make your life easier, and less cluttered with our free decluttering guide⤵️! Sign up below and join over 100,000 others who have already discovered us here at the nest. Click below to get instant access now:
11. Christmas Card Pinecone Ornament | Better Homes & Gardens
12. Gift Boxes Made from Christmas Cards | Sum of their Stories
13. DIY Cards Made from Old Christmas Cards | Sum of their Stories
14. Recycle to Support St. Jude’s Hospital | Thoughtful Neighbor
Val from Thoughtful Neighbor wrote a wonderful article about getting involved in volunteer programs with children, and one of the recommendations is participating in the St. Judes card recycling program. Read more about it at her site or at St. Judes.
15. Placemats | Adventures of Mel
This would be a fun project to do with kids. Each kid could create their own, personalized placemat using their favorite cards received that holiday season.
16. Bookmarks | Zensible Mama
17. Christmas Bunting | Learning 4 Kids
18. Christmas Rubik’s Cube | If I had a Million Hours
19. Recycled Christmas Card Album | Simple Made Pretty
This is a fun way to bundle your cards so that you can flip through them like any regular album!
20. Advent Calendar | Crafty Nest
I love advent calendars, and this is a very green one, to boot! Rather than investing in the kind you toss once the holiday has come and gone, why not recycle those festive cards into an advent calendar you can use year after year?
21. Small Gift Card Type Boxes | Studio Artworks
Great for gift cards or small items like jewelry!
22. Christmas Card Charger | BHG
23. Card Christmas Trees | BHG
24. Upcycled Card Collection | Happy Strong Home
25. Christmas Card “Putz” Houses | Christmas Notebook
Pssst…while you’re scrolling through these adorable repurposed Christmas card crafts…if you’ve got a boatload of old Christmas decor that you need to purge, let me help you do so and earn some extra cash at the same time! Grab our free guide to selling on Craigslist and Facebook yard sales! Click the button below to get instant access ⤵️!
26. Recycled Card Paper Chain | Creative Family Fun
27. Christmas Card Topiary | Life As Mama
28. Card Luminaries | Just add Ink
This shows a vellum material, which is translucent. But you could punch regular cards in different patterns to allow the light from a battery-operated candle to diffuse through the traditional Christmas cards.
29. Trinket Basket | My So-Called Crafty Life
30. Mason Jar Toppers | Family Feed Bag
31. Clear Magnets | Ingenious Inkling
32. Mini Notebooks | Hope Studios
33. Shadowbox Ornaments | Serendipity Refined
34. Upcycled Card Shadowboxes | Edventures with kids
Made differently from the ornaments above, these shadowboxes could also become tabletop decor.
35. Altoid Tin Shadowboxes | Creativepointe
36. Christmas Card Wood Slice Ornaments | Lil Blue Boo
37. Christmas Card ABC “blocks” | BHG
38. Shredded Christmas Card Ornament | Taste of Home
39. Christmas Card Craft Garland | Make Today Creative
40. Christmas Card Craft Coasters | Taste of Home
41. Christmas Card Craft Fan | All Free Crafts
42. Christmas Card Globe | Martha Stewart
43. Wine Gift Label | BHG
44. Embellished Gift Bags | Martha Stewart
45. Treat Cones | Martha Stewart
46. Christmas Card Craft 3D Star | Jenny Harada
This image was submitted on Craftster. The crafter who made it credited Jenny Harada’s tutorial and pattern for the idea.
47. Christmas Card Tree | Fun Family Crafts
48. Mason Jar Centerpieces | Mommy Kat and Kids
49. Postcards | Katie Clemons via Good Housekeeping
I love simple solutions, and this one by blogger Katie Clemons is just that. Repurpose greeting cards from any holiday or season into a postcard! The link to Katie’s blog no longer appears to be active, but I found her content over at Good Housekeeping.
50. Greeting Card Trivet | Thrifty Fun
51. Fine Motor Skills Activity | Little Bins for Little Hands
The physical therapist in me loves this simple idea. Let your little one practice their cutting skills with those old cards! Cardstock is thicker than regular paper, so the extra resistance is great for building muscle. And then they can create their own puzzle with their snippings! It’s a twofer. Simple and genius idea from Little Bins for Little Hands!
Phew. And that’s a wrap! 51 amazing recycling ideas for those old Christmas cards. I love the idea of creating Christmas card crafts that stand the test of time. It’s a great way to pay homage to the spirit of Christmas past. And a green, eco-friendly idea to boot! Happy crafting!
Don’t forget! Grab your free decluttering guide so you can start the post-Christmas cleanout, and make some extra $$ doing it! Click the picture below now⤵️for instant access:
Pin this Christmas card crafts post for later! And if you make one, leave a comment (or better yet, a photo) on the pin! That helps others know whether they want to try this project, too!
Pssst…before you go, I sure would love to hang out with you again really, really soon!! Become an insider and get first access to all that’s new here at the nest. Click the image below to join!