These 21 wine storage ideas are the perfect thing to incorporate into any home!
Where are my wine lovers? Being a vino aficionado comes with a certain level of pride. Sure, enjoying a glass of your favorite blend is the perfect way to wind down after a stressful day, but being a wine enthusiast is more than that. It’s a lifestyle.
What wine lover doesn’t want to surround themselves with a stunning display of beautiful bottles from around the world? That’s where these creative wine storage ideas come in.
You can’t always make it to Napa Valley for a weekend of upscale wine tasting, but you can have the next best thing. Have you thought about creating a wine haven in your own home to enjoy your collection on a daily basis? I’ve rounded up some tasty wine storage ideas. Scroll through to get inspired and find the perfect wine storage solution for your home!
Before diving in, check out the collection of printable wine tags I designed to help take your party or gift-giving to the next level. There are options to suit every personal style, holiday, and party theme! Print them off for free and ensure your guests keep track of their glass throughout the night.
Psst…did you know that you can actually make REAL money while you declutter? Yes, even with wine! You’ve got to check this helpful guide out and make some $$$!
Tips for Wine Storage and Wine Enjoyment
Here are a few quick tips for living your best wine enthusiast lifestyle at home.
- Become familiar with the basics of proper wine storage. Do your homework and learn how light, temperature, humidity, and movement affect the quality of your wine. This will help you understand the ideal environmental conditions needed to keep your bottles in tip-top shape.
- Assess your wine collection. Before pulling the trigger on a wine rack or other wine storage solution, take stock of your collection. How many bottles of wine are you likely to keep at any given time? What different sizes of bottles does your collection contain (the most common bottle sizes are standard, wide, tall and magnum)? Lastly, how much space do you have to store wine in your home? While this seems like an obvious question, you don’t want to be overly ambitious and overlook this factor.
- Chill white wine like a pro. If you don’t have a wine refrigerator, never fear. Just fill a wide, shallow bowl with ice and submerge your bottle. If you have guests over, be sure to turn the bottle label-side up.
- Choose spill-resistant furniture for your wine corner. If designating a special space for enjoying wine, first of all, lucky you. Second of all, choose leather or otherwise spill-resistant furniture to avoid stains after a few glasses get you all loosened up.
- Fill empty space on the cheap. If you have vacant slots in your wine rack or wine storage area, borrow a page from this home stager and ask your local Italian restaurant to donate some empty bottles and extra corks to your cause. Fill them with water for a realistic effect, and use them to fake the look of a full wine collection.
21+ Stylish Wine Storage Ideas For Your Home
Alright, now that you have some tips and tricks for keeping your wine collection pruned, let’s chat about all the fun ways you can keep them stored! Whether you want to keep your collection hidden away or out in its full glory, these 21 ideas are great places to start.
Don’t forget! As you look through all this organizing inspiration, you can make some extra cash as you organize!
1. Wine Storage Ideas: Cabinetry & Cellar Solutions for Any Sized Space | Organized Interiors
Organized Interiors has done the grunt work for you in providing invaluable information about wine storage in this article. Learn about the ideal environmental conditions for storing wine and how to determine the best storage solution for the available space in your home.
2. Wine Storage Ideas for Regular Folks | Realtor.com
No wine cellar? No problem! Realtor.com understands that not everybody can have a fancy, designated room or even a lot of space for storing their favorite bottles of adult grape juice. Whether it’s a simple modular rack like this one from Amazon or DIY furniture transformation, this post has some fun and clever ideas.
3. Wine Storage Ideas for Bottles of All Shapes and Sizes | IWA Wine Blog
Did you know that wine bottles come in different shapes and sizes? IWA Wine Blog offers another great resource for wine storage basics and explains the difference among standard, wide, tall and magnum bottles. This post also lists a number of practical solutions for every need.
4. 20 Ideas for Wine Racks Can Build Yourself – Wine Storage at Home | Of Design
This post by Of Design was written with the artsy, crafty and DIY-oriented in mind. If that’s you, be sure to check out this list of 20 ideas for wine racks can build yourself.
5. 35 Small Wine Cellars and Wine Room Ideas You Can Recreate | MyMove
Do you dream of having your very own wine cellar but are limited on space in your home? MyMove has some great ideas for you. Believe it or not, you can take the space you have and create your very own mini wine cellar. All you need is some space under your stairs or an extra closet or pantry and a little creativity and imagination.
6. 5 Creative Wine Storage Ideas for Home Decor | Ultra Wine Racks and Cellars
If you live in a very small space, this post from Ultra Wine Racks and Cellars might be your jam. Here are 5 creative storage ideas you can implement in your home now – all you need is a little bit of wall space.
7. 26 Wine Storage Ideas for Those Who Don’t Have a Cellar | Shelterness
With no fewer than 26 storage ideas from Shelterness, you’re sure to find inspiration to store your favorite bottles in your home. I absolutely love this inverted wall storage method pictured here. It’s such a rustic and romantic look!
8. 31 Cool and Practical Home Wine Storage Ideas | DigsDigs
This list of 31 cool and practical home storage ideas from DigsDigs is major design goals. Get a load of this secret wine cellar built into the kitchen floor. What??
9. Wine Storage Ideas | BHG
Leave it to BHG to come up with the most stylish wine storage ideas around, including wine racks, wine coolers, and built-in wine cabinets. There’s an industrial style bar cart that’s simply the coolest.
10. 20 Modern Wine Rack Ideas with Luxurious Look | Home My Design
If you’re modern design inclined, you will eat (or drink?) this up. 20 modern wine rack ideas by Home My Design, full of stylish and luxurious storage solutions.
11. 5 Wine Storage Ideas for the Kitchen | Contemporist
Storing wine in the kitchen is a practical way to ensure you have a bottle close on hand when cooking or serving dinner. Contemporist serves up five clever ideas for storing your collection in decidedly unorthodox ways, like this space-saving toe kick drawer.
12. Wall Mount Wine Rack Plan Design Ideas | Home Inspirations
Here’s a list of wall-mounted wine racks from Home Inspirations that are sure to work in homes of any size.
13. Amazing DIY Wine Storage Ideas | Decoist
This list is full of inventive storage ideas, many of which you can DIY! Check out this post from Decoist and get inspired to create your own wine storage space today.
14. Wine Storage Ideas – Brilliant Use of a Hidden Space | High Style Homz
Donna, a home stager and author of High Style Homz shows you how to transform that awkward space under your stairs into a stunning wine display. If you’re also a home stager, she also shares some clever tips for filling up a wine rack or cellar on the cheap.
15. Wine Storage Ideas | Waypoint Living
Connie Edwards wrote an article over at Waypoint Living Spaces discussing the importance of having a modest collection of wine close by when you’re cooking. In this post, she shares some simple, tried-and-true storage solutions for the everyday kitchen.
16. 29 Creative Places: Closet Wine Cellars & Wine Rack Ideas | Wine Cellar Innovations
17. 9 Ideas for Wine Storage | Sunset
Sunset Magazine has long exemplified the pinnacle of cutting edge home style. Why not take their advice and dive into these nine examples of chic wine storage? Spoiler alert: most of these ideas are surprisingly simple!
18. Wine Storage Ideas for Home | San Diego Tribune
This impeccably well-written piece from San Diego Tribune dives deep into determining the best storage solutions for sophisticated collectors and casual enthusiasts alike.
The article also shares some great tips on wine refrigerators and the importance of proper temperature- and humidity-controlled storage.
19. Creative Wine Racks and Wine Storage Ideas | HGTV
In true HGTV form, this gallery of 30 creative wine racks and storage ideas reaches peak DIY design.
From a vintage cabinet drawer turned wall-mounted rack to chic wooden vases re-purposed into horizontal bottle holders, these ideas are sure to get your creative juices flowing.
20. French Bottle Wine Rack | Pottery Barn
When you are looking for an attractive storage solution that can double as an accent wall piece, look no further than this beautiful wooden wall-mounted rack from Pottery Barn. What could be easier?
21. Wine Riddling Rack | The Inspired Workshop
Inspired by that pretty Pottery Barn rack above, but can’t justify the cost? Why not build your own! This tutorial from The Inspired Workshop (formerly known as Built It Craft It Love It) will show you how!
22. Wine Storage – A New Angle | @laurenelizabethburke
Here’s a fun angle for wine storage…about 45 degrees 😉. AND, sort those bottles into a rainbow pattern? Functional AND colorful. That’s an all-around win, I’d say!
View this post on Instagram
23. Wood Wine Sculpture Tower | Woonhome
24. Copper Pipe/Dowel Wine Feature Wall | HomeDSGN
This gorgeous wine feature has some serious industrial flair. I can’t tell if it’s stained wood dowels, or capped copper piping cemented into this brick wall, but either way, it creates a visually enticing accent wall that also looks incredibly drinkable 😉🍷.
Feeling particularly inspired after seeing all these great wine storage ideas? Keep decluttering around your home. Not only will you free up space, but you can make some extra cash too! It’s easy – here’s how:
Pin this post for later! And if you use one of these ideas, leave a comment (or better yet, a photo) on the pin! That helps others know whether they want to try one of these ideas, too!
Pssst…before you go, I sure would love to hang out with you again really soon! Sign up now and get a FREE copy of “Builder-Grade To Beautiful: 10 Totally Transformative Home Decorating Solutions, All Under $100!” Click here or on the image below. Your copy will be sent right away!