65 Last Minute Halloween Costume Ideas know one will know were totally last minute…
Let me guess. It’s the last minute, and you, or the kids, or you and the kids don’t know what your costumes are yet for Halloween.
Am I right? Of course I’m right! That’s probably because I decided two-hot-minutes ago that I’m going as a fortune teller this year. Nah. That’s not it. We’re all just busy, right?
Between the cramming for tests (your own or your kids), the meetings that ran late, the lunches that kept needing to get packed and the laundry that magically kept appearing in baskets at the house, halloween can sometimes be an after thought.
But that doesn’t mean we have to have lame costumes. Nope. We’ve gathered over 60 amazing ideas for last minute halloween costumes that on one would ever guess weren’t planned out for weeks…or better said, procrastinators will LOVE these costume ideas.
Many are quick DIY’s you can throw together for things already at the house. Some of my personal faves are the punny-ones that you make by safety pinning something to a t-shirt.
But whatever your style, we’ve gathered last minute halloween costumes that people of any age, gender and costuming persuasion will ❤️.
65 Last Minute Halloween Costume Ideas That Look Like You Planned Them Months Ago…
1. DIY Raining Men Costume | Studio DIY
We gotta start this list of last minute halloween costumes with a a hot one. Annnndd this one may be as hot as they get 😂! Check out this genius punny costume idea.
An iteration could be cats and dogs instead of all the easy-on-the-eyes men. I personally enjoy this costume idea as-is though 😉.
2. Put Together in a Flash Audrey Hepburn Costume | The Joy of Fashion Blog
A black dress is truly a staple. Even when it comes to making a halloween costume last minute. You got everything you need for this costume in your closet. Except for the fancy cigarette thingy. But a paintbrush, or the kiddos’ magic wand from the dress up bin will do just as nicely.
3. Tongue Twister Costume | The House that Lars Built
Been working on that beach bod? Then this last minute halloween costume is perfect for you!
Me personally? If I’m going as Sally, I’m going as the 1890’s version. You know…back when they went to the beach in those bathing suits with pants and long sleeves?
4. Chiquita Banana Costume | Sugar and Cloth
Quick & colorful. And a good way to get in those fruits & veggies on a day when the food choices usually consist of nothing but items that come in a plastic wrapper.
5. Smarty Pants Last Minute Halloween Costume | From Utah With Love
This quick & witty costume idea is so FAST. And smart 🤓. And could be used on kids and adults alike.
6. When Life Gives You Lemons Idiom Costume | Club Crafted
Nab some lemons from the kitchen counter, and throw on some yellow, and you’ve got this adorable costume with a happy message.
7. DIY Starbucks Cup Costume | Southern Curls and Pearls
Not sure how you costume out the difference soy vs. half-caf and such, but baby could go as tall, big brother as grande, and mommy as venti.
8. DIY Dunkin’ Donuts Queen Costume | Aww Sam
This halloween costume could only be last minute for super crafty-types, but it sure is a cute idea. And the sugar content is certainly in keeping with the high caloric Halloween spirit.
9. Easy DIY The Bachelorette Last Minute Halloween Costume | Southern Belle in Training
If Bachelorette is your guilty pleasure (my hand is raised) then this last minute halloween costume is perfect. Especially if you’ve been wanting to get a fun sequin-adorned dress for a while now but haven’t had a great excuse (hand still raised).
10. DIY La Croix Can Costume | Daily Cup of Asheejojo
Are you down with the sparkling water craze? Sooooo good. And so are these costumes!
11. DIY Pantone Color Combo Couples Costume | Sugar and Cloth
SUPER good looking halloween costume last minute procrastinators could pull off!! Get something monochromatic, and slap the word “PANTONE” on it. Done. A chic, colorful costume for decorating fans.
12. DIY Sia Last Minute Halloween Costume | Bunny Baubles
This one is awesome. My kids asked if she was Cruella DeVille. So I suppose this one could be a last minute costume two-fer.
13. Homemade Bath Pouf Last Minute Halloween Costume | Instructables
Looks harder to make than it is. And the material needed is super economical. Such a fun idea. This year, there’s a great couples costume idea I’ve seen where one partner is the loofah, and the other is a bar of soap. Easy to pull off if you’ve got extra Amazon boxes in the garage. Or write “Zest” on some duct tape, slap it on a white shirt. Done 🚿.
14. No-Sew Spider Web Cape Costume | Delia Creates
Follow the easy tutorial for this fun witch cape, and pair it with some black. Grab a hat that you can find pretty much EVERYWHERE around Halloween and you’re off to the trick-or-treat races.
15. Snapchat Filter Last Minute Halloween Costumes | Oh Happy Day
Fan of filters? This costume is for you and your snap-chatting friends.
16. DIY “Tough Cookie” Idiom Costume | Aww Sam
Simply pun-derful. And also easy. Check. Check.
17. DIY Unicorn Cake Costume | Hello Wonderful
A little ambitious despite the looming deadline? Then you can craft your heart out on this colorful cake idea.
18. No-Sew Garden Gnome Costume | A Night Owl Blog
Super simple. And if you want, swap out the blue shirt for red, and smush down the hat…you’ve got Santa Claus. A halloween costume idea for this year AND next rolled into one.
19. DIY Pasta Costume | Studio DIY
The coolest last minute costume idea for carb-lovers.
20. Queen Elizabeth Toddler Costume | Brit & Co.
This is funny. Full stop.
21. Baby Astronaut Costume | Lovely Indeed
Iron on a couple patches to a navy onesie, and your angel can be an astronaut.
22. DIY Dancing Emoji Costume | The DIY Playbook
How’s this for a genius halloween costume last minute? I’m partial to the sushi roll emoji, but this dancing emoji costume is perfect with a friend.
23. DIY Family Avocado Toast Costumes | Hello Wonderful
Super cool thing about these last minute costumes is that they look much harder to make than they are. You’ll get bonus point from everyone who thinks you’ve been working on your costumes for weeks.
24. Cotton Candy Costume | Costume Works
Super sugary, fluffy and fun. This cotton candy idea is over the top sweet. And simple to put together.
25. Easy Dr. Seuss The Sneetches Costume | Organized 31
T-shirts. Felt. Pipecleaners. Done.
26. Easy Lego Costume | Wine and Glue
Grab Solo cups, and a leftover Amazon Prime box. Then check out her tutorial. You’ll be Halloween parade ready in no time.
27. Simple Rainbow Costume for Kids | A Subtle Revelry
Over the top…or, over the rainbow adorable.
28. Salt & Pepper Couples Costume | Evite
Not sure it gets much simpler than this couples halloween costume.
29. Vending Machine Costume | Chicken Scratch NY
This kid will be the most popular at his class Halloween party with this last minute costume idea. Just raid the Halloween candy bowl a couple hours in advance, and you’re golden.
30. DIY Florida Oranges Costume | Mommy Musings
Add a little sunshine to the Halloween parade with this brilliant, citrus-y costume.
31. No-Sew Emoji Costume | Smart Fun DIY
Another fun emoji costume idea! And one of the nicest ones, to boot. Much better than the angry face. Or the poop emoji, right?!
32. Bank Robber & Money Bag Family Costume | Little Miss Kate
Super easy, super fun…albeit a bit on the criminal side family halloween costume to pull off in a flash. Just like that bank heist. Who can blame them? If that little guy was in a vault, I’d wanna snag him too!
33. Toddler Flower Costume | The Tiptoe Fairy
If gardening was as easy as pulling together this fun little flower costume, us black-thumbed folks could easily trade up for a green one. Not only easy, but comfy and warm for your little rose bud, too!
34. Blessing in Disguise Costume | Thinking Closet
LOL! Don’t tell me you can’t pull this together in 10-minutes or less.
35. “Like” & “Dislike” Couples Costume | Diana Rambles
More social media inspired halloween costumes for the last minute. This one gets a definite 👍.
36. Elf Fairy Costume | Cuckoo 4 Design
Another brilliant costume idea that looks harder than it is. Granted, my talented friend Julia, who assembled this, is brilliant with makeup. But she shows us how simple it is to pull together this beautiful elf fairy costume on the fly.
37. DIY Pink Flamingo Costume | Diary of a Debutante
My daughter saw this flamingo costume, and that’s what she’s going to be this year. We were able to put it together in under an hour. And it looks like it took us at least a day. It’s a great last minute option, and you can grab the boas at the Dollar Tree.
38. Easy Emoji Costume | Ribbons and Glue
One of the simplest emoji costumes we saw. And it’s ADORABLE, right?!
39. DIY Pineapple Costume | Diary of a Debutante
Isn’t this one so so cute? And a perfect excuse to find an off the shoulder yellow dress. “😍” to quote that costume above ☝️!
40. DIY Family Weather Costume | Studio DIY
This group costume is amazing. And so simple! Put the baby in the wagon and throw in a bunch of poly-fil! Or just bust up some old pillows into the stroller and call it a cloud ☁️.
41. Mom & Baby Lion and Safari Costume | Little Miss Kate
What a great costume idea for an ergo-carrier!
42. DIY Frosé Costume | Club Crafted
Fan of frosé? This one is perfect.
43. Spaghetti & Parmesan Couples Costume | The Surznick Common Room
Yummmy. And easy. Who doesn’t love spaghetti and meatballs with a little cheese. Cheesy costume? Maybe…but that makes it more fun.
44. Easy DIY Madeleine Costume | Chelsea Whipps
A simple costume idea inspired by a well loved children’s book. This would be sweet for a little girl, too.
45. No-Sew Star Wars Jedi Tunic Costume | Mom Endeavors
Mom Endeavors shows you how to throw together these last minute Jedi costumes in a few minutes.
46. UPS Delivery Costume | Moms and Crafters
Everyone loves when the UPS driver shows up. And this one is the cutest ever!
47. Ice Ice Baby | Thinking Closet
Lauren from The Thinking Closet has a LOT of fun and punny costumes on her site, so check it out for sure. This one she used her Silhouette for, but I think you could probably do a great job with just a Sharpie, too. And it’s wicked funny.
48. Formal Apology Costume | Sarah Pearce
Have seen this same concept for a woman wearing a formal gown with “sorry” written on a sash, Miss America style. No need to apologize for having a costume that’s so easy to make when it’s this witty, too.
49. DIY Cookie Monster Costume | Life is Sweeter by Design
Awww, any Sesame Street costume is a win. And this one is great for last minute, too!
50. Quick & Easy No-Sew Hamburger Costume | Make It Love It
Looks difficult. But did you see the “no-sew”? Really. No sewing required. Deliciously easy.
51. Breakfast at Tiffany’s Costume | Best Friends for Frosting
Another easy costume option for Audrey Hepburn fans.
52. Easy No-Sew Olaf Costume | Crazy Little Projects
WARM! And simple. And everyone loves Olaf.
53. DIY Pop Tart Costume | Paper & Stitch
This one won’t turn out great if you aren’t a little crafty, but it can definitely be done on the cheap. Leave yourself at least a few hours before the big night though to complete this sucker. Unless you want to go as a pop tart with a wet paint sign.
54. One Direction Costume | @angelconnn
Angel credits @gracehelbig for this hilarious costume idea. This is truly perfect for last minute.
View this post on Instagram
55. Green with Envy Last Minute Halloween Costume | @leroykate
Your friends will be green with envy they didn’t think of this super simple last minute Halloween costume idea first!
View this post on Instagram
56. Spice Rack | @miss.ginger.snap
Alright, so this one is R-rated, but pretty darn funny, nonetheless. Great for the adult party this year.
View this post on Instagram
57. Rosie the Riveter Last Minute Halloween Costume | Whipperberry
Loving this easy #girlpower costume idea.
58. Pac Man Family | Domestic Imperfection
Adorable and quick…this Pac Man family costume collective is so cool.
59. Iron Chef | Museum of Science & Industry Chicago on Pinterest
I LOVE witty, nerdy costume ideas, and this one fits that bill to a T. Or a Ti. Te. Tm. You name the element. More periodic table costume ideas? Try a “noble gas” or a “heavy metal” band or silver (Ag) and gold (Au). Or a lead (Pb) balloon. Or wear an Einstein wig and go as Einsteinium (Es)! I could go on, but I’ll stuff down my inner geek again for a while.
60. Pumpkin Pi | Amy Latta Creations
Alright…I couldn’t stuff down the geek too far. Had to share another super smart and easy halloween costume to put together last minute. Who doesn’t love pumpkin pi?
64. Fork in the Road | @mccncheese
How’s this one for easy?
View this post on Instagram
65. DIY #butfirstcoffee Last Minute Halloween Costume | A Kailo Chic Life
Another great sandwich board idea that can be made in a jiffy. But only after coffee though, obviously.
And there you have it, 65 fantastic last minute Halloween costumes that are easy to pull off, but no one needs to know it!
Hope you found one or two you love. I’ll leave you with a joke. Here it is…
Get it? The answer: To get to the Halloween parade. And quick. We’re late!
Looking for more fun Halloween ideas? Check these out, too!
Before you leave, make sure to grab your free copy of 60 Simple Decluttering Wins – a list of 60 quick decluttering and organizing tasks that can each be completed in just 5 minutes time! Because the holidays are stressful enough without having to deal with clutter and disarray at home! LESS clutter = MORE holiday stress-free fun!
Leave a Reply