Whether you’re a professional contractor or a DIY enthusiast, having an organized lumber storage area to store scrap wood in an organized way is key to maintaining an efficient workspace.
Many homeowners like to do their own repairs and remodeling projects. And lumber is a material that is pretty fundamental to many home projects. But what to do with that 3′ section of 2×4 that wasn’t used in your most recent project? Or that section of crown molding that you didn’t need thanks to your brilliant miter cuts (without mistakes – OH YEAH #expert woodworking status right here).
Wood is EXPENSIVE. So disposing of scrap lumber is just NOT an option. Nope. You need to store it.
That’s where these DIY lumber storage ideas come in handy. Not only will they help keep your lumber organized and accessible, but they’ll also make your workshop or garage look great.
So whether you’re just starting out or you’ve been at it for years, we’ve rounded up the best lumber racks around. Check out these 15 lumber storage options and see which one may work best for you.
Here’s a little video preview of these awesome ideas…
So what do you think? Are you ready to get to work on your own DIY lumber rack? I hope your workspace will thank you for this helpful DIY endeavor. I know ours has!
Ready to get the rest of the house organized? Check these ideas out, too!
- 17 Brilliant Garage Storage Solutions You’ve Got to See
- 65 Incredibly Useful Closet Organization Ideas
- 17 Super Creative Key Organizer and DIY Key Holder Ideas
- 25+ Scroll-Stopping DIY Countertops
- 29 Unbelievably Useful Camper and RV Storage Ideas
- Organization and Storage
- Sewing Room Organization: 21 Hacks To Boost Creativity
- Shed Organization: 20+ Must-Try Ideas
- Attic Storage Ideas + 25 Must-See Real-Life Attics
- 21 BEST Firewood Storage Ideas To DIY or Buy!
Pin this project for later! And if you decide to try it, leave a comment on the pin! That helps others know whether they want to try it, too!
Ready to get control of the clutter and chaos at home? Here are 60 places you can declutter in just 5-minutes at a time. Grab your free copy now by clicking here or on the picture below: