There’s nothing more fun than decorating a little boys bedroom.
Meet Sweet Cheeks.
But alas, we bred a little fishing, camping, mud-pie making, bug-loving boy. And he’s awesome. So, we wanted him to have a boys room that reflected his personality. And this little boys room of his is currently my FAVORITE space.
Here’s what it looked like before we moved in:
A fishing, camping, outdoor adventure boys room
If you’re looking for the source list for this space, here it is:
- Faux Antler Chandelier
- Ivory and Navy Geometric Rug
- Madras Curtain Fabric (Three Chickadees)
- White bookcase/dresser combo
- Striped Blanket Throw on bed
- Fisherman Sconces behind bed
- Stump Seats
- Felt Campfire Set
- Felt Smores
- Vintage Mess Kit
- Vintage Army Blanket for DIY Tent (similar)
- Wood Canoe Oars (similar)
- Wicker Creel (similar)
- Framed Camping Art
- Paint – Denim technique with Sherwin Williams “Indigo Batik” as top coat
Complete with denim-painted walls. If you’re looking for boys room paint ideas, (or girls rooms…I feel like denim is about as gender neutral as you can get!) consider using this technique!
A couple other highlights are the DIY tent, felt campfire and faux antler chandelier.
Bought the orange desk at a big tag sale here in the DC metro area, and found the vintage desk chair at a favorite local shop.
This wall gallery is probably my favorite part of the room. The larger pieces are a set of fishing/camping inspired dishtowels that I framed.
Pin this post for later: