Are you tired of tripping over shoes cluttering your closet and your home? Here are 18 DIY shoe rack ideas to help you step up your organization at home and make storing shoes simpler, easier, and more attractive, too!
From vertical shoe racks to repurposed ladders, these DIY project ideas will not only solve your shoe storage issue but also add a touch of personality to your space.
If you’re someone who owns a lot of shoes, you know how quickly they can clutter up your living space. Not only can this make it difficult to find the pair you want when you need it, but it can also be an eyesore.
Fortunately, there are numerous DIY shoe rack solutions for those with advanced and beginner woodworking skills. We are including 18 of the BEST solutions so you can easily build your own!
And before we get started…
If you could use some more organizing and less clutter in your life, you’ve come to the right place! Grab a free copy of “60 5-minute decluttering ideas” and get on the road to a calmer, more restful home life in as little as 5-minutes at a time!
Materials List and Tools Recommended for DIY Shoe Racks
Some of the most common supplies needed to build your own DIY shoe rack include the following:
- pocket hole jig and pocket screws (if your project requires pocket holes)
- table saw
- drill and drill bit
- circular saw
- nail gun and nails
- wood glue
- wood screws
- wood stain
- duct tape
You should be able to find these supplies at Home Depot, your favorite home improvement store, or your local hardware store.
Now that we’ve learned about the typical materials needed, let’s get to these amazing shoe storage ideas.
Ready to get the rest of the house organized? Check these ideas out, too!
- 13 Clever Entryway Shoe Storage Ideas To Stop Clutter
- 17 Brilliant Garage Storage Solutions You’ve Got to See
- Best Firewood Storage Options
- DIY Lumber Storage Racks
- 65 Incredibly Useful Closet Organization Ideas
- 29 Unbelievably Useful Camper and RV Storage Ideas
- 17 Super Creative Key Organizer and DIY Key Holder Ideas
- 25+ Scroll-Stopping DIY Countertops
- Organization and Storage
- Sewing Room Organization: 21 Hacks To Boost Creativity
- Shed Organization: 20+ Must-Try Ideas
- Attic Storage Ideas + 25 Must-See Real-Life Attics
Pin these DIY shoe rack ideas for later! And if you decide to try one, leave a comment on the pin! That helps others know whether they want to try one, too!
Feeling inspired to declutter? Keep the momentum going! Here are 60 places you can declutter at home in just 5-minutes at a time. Grab your free copy now by clicking here or on the picture below: