DIY gift wrap organizer in 5 minutes
Gift wrap organization is sorely lacking around here. To be completely honest, we’re lacking in almost EVERY kind of organization around here. BUT, thanks to a screw gun and a $2 plastic bag organizer from Ikea, we now have a small sliver of storage sanity in ONE small corner of the house.
*This post contains affiliate links. Please read our full disclosure policy HERE.*
And this DIY gift wrap organizer was SO inexpensive and easy, I’m actually throwing a few more in the closet, as well. One directly above this one, to be exact (*making sure to install it high enough so that getting the wrapping paper in and out of the bottom bin is still possible 😉
Want the DIY scoop? Below is the whole process in a one-minute video tutorial. And if you need a few more details, just read on!
video tutorial wall-mounted gift wrap organizer Ikea hack
- Ikea Variera plastic bag dispenser
- If you don’t have a local Ikea, you can also get this product online HERE just note it’s more expensive
- *If you do not have access to an Ikea, here are some similar/alternative/other cost-effective options:
- wall anchors (this inexpensive kit is awesome for a variety of anchors/options)
- power drill/driver or handheld screwdriver
how to install a wall-mounted gift wrap organizer:
1. Assemble plastic bag dispenser as directed.
It’s one step, friends. It snaps together. No muscle or brain power required. And none of those annoying little Allen wrenches, either.
2. Drill hole for your drywall anchor.
If you’re attaching this to a wall made from drywall, determine the size anchor you want to use. If you’re not sure, a GREAT and inexpensive tool set to purchase is an anchor and bit set. (This one costs under $10, and has bits and anchors for drywall, masonry, AND wood).
3. Insert plastic anchors, and hammer into place.
You don’t need super heavy-duty anchors for this project. There won’t be a lot of weight hanging on these screws.
4. Insert a screw into an anchor and drive into place.
The screw just needs to be maybe 1/4″ out from the wall to allow your bag dispenser to sit on it.
5. Hang bag dispenser.
Just hang it right onto your screws.
6. Insert gift wrap. You’re done!
One of the Ikea Varieras will hold approximately 5 rolls of wrapping paper. So if you’re like us, you may need a couple 🙂
Looking for some more easy organizing ideas? Check these out now:
Pin this post for later! And if you make one, leave a comment (or better yet, a photo) on the pin! That helps others know whether they want to try this project, too!
Pssst…before you go, I sure would love to hang out with you again really, really soon!! Become an insider and get first access to all that’s new here at the nest. Click the image below to join!