80 best free printable non-candy valentines for kids!
When we were kids, you wouldn’t have dreamed of a valentine’s day party at school that didn’t include candy. But nowadays, with the increase in allergies that has affected our kiddos, non-candy valentine parties seem to be the rule rather than the exception.
And I for one am not complaining. In my house, we’re still trying to finish off the dredges of the Halloween candy here, how about you?! There are so many fun, free printable non-candy valentines for kids these days that it makes it really easy to send them to school with an adorable Valentine option.
*This post contains affiliate links. Please read our full disclosure policy here.*
To make it as easy as possible for you this year, I’ve gathered over 50 of the best free printable, non-candy valentines for kids I’ve seen on the world wide web. Sure hope you find some you and your littles will love this Valentines Day!
**If there are projects you’d like to pin from this article, please click the link for that project and pin directly from the creator, rather than this article! That will help my fellow creatives, as well as other interested Pinterest users find the content they are searching for easier! Thank you!
75+ BEST Free Printable Non-Candy Valentines for Kids!
1. Tic-Tac-Toe Board Valentine | Three Different Directions
A tic-tac-toe board with sweet mini erasers they can keep!
2. Glow Stick Valentine Printable | Jasper and Willow
I don’t know many kids who don’t appreciate a glow stick, do you?
3. Emoji Valentines | Heathered Nest
Emojis are very popular these days. I had so much fun creating this fun, free printable emoji valentine for our kids. We’d love to share it with yours as well! You can include emoji erasers (I got ours here) or emoji lip balms, like these.
4. Valentine Straw Sippers | Three Different Directions
Crazy straws always bring a smile. These printables are an easy and fun way to give them as valentine gifts.
5. You’re the Write Stuff Valentine | Three Different Directions
My daughter adores all things miniature. Do you have a kid who is the same way? I know she would LOVE to give these mini-notebook and pencil sets out this year. And she’d definitely appreciate receiving one, too!
6. “Handy” non-candy valentines | Heathered Nest
7. Squishy Valentines | Paper Heart Family
Besides all things miniature, my daughter also has a thing for squishys. How about your littles? I equate these to what stickers were when I was growing up. They are definitely a fad of late, so these non-candy valentines would for sure be a winner in many a classroom, I think!
8. Airplane Valentine | Simple Everyday Mom
Little foam airplanes are always fun.
9. Emoji Key-chain Valentines | Paper Heart Family
We made emoji valentines as well with erasers and lip balms. But I sure like these keychain emoji valentines, too!
10. Printable Valentines Fruit Cups | Glue Sticks Blog
Kids always think fruit and veggies are more fun when presented in an appealing way, right? So these smart fruit cup printables are sure to do the trick!
11. Silly String Valentines | Mama Cheaps
LOVE these!! Every kid appreciates a good can of silly string. Every teacher? Maybe not so much…but if you clear the idea before sending them to school, I’m betting these will be a TOTAL hit!
12. Yo Yo Valentines | Heathered Nest
Yo Yos are a great, inexpensive freebie to give in lieu of candy! And I kinda love these printables we designed to go with the toy.
13. Zoo Printable Valentines | Schooling a Monkey
I love a good pun, don’t you? Some washi tape and fun little plastic animals make these a really zoo-per option.
14. Magic Erupting Color Reveal Science Valentines | Schooling a Monkey
Fun, cute AND educational? This option is the non-candy Valentine for kids trifecta! These are amazing!!
15. Play Doh Valentines | Mama Cheaps
Top off a sure favorite (Play-Doh is ALWAYS a crowd-pleaser) with a punny little printable.
16. Blow me a Kiss | Lil Luna
This is such a cool way to really personalize your child’s valentines this year! Check out the details over at Lil Luna.
17. You Make My Heart Float Bubble Valentines | The Quiet Grove
Oh, bubbles. You gotta consider giving bubbles! Economical and beloved by children everywhere, right?!
18. You Light Up My World Flashlight Valentines | The Quiet Grove
Oh my goodness!! How cute is this idea?! It may not be the least expensive option (although I am betting you could buy mini-flashlights in bulk for a steal somewhere like Oriental Trading), but it sure would be a one-of-a-kind non-candy valentine idea!
19. Rubiks Cube Valentines | The Centsable Shoppin’
Another super unique non-candy valentine idea!! Mini-Rubiks cubes and the perfect free printable to go with them. Love this idea, and would be great for boys and girls alike!
20. “Nacho” Average Valentine | Larissa Another Day
This idea had me rolling! It’s hilarious and adorable. And if Doritos are a green light at your school, then definitely consider this option!
21. Valentine’s Day Volcano Science Experiment Card | Natural Beach Living
Just like #11, this is another fun STEM valentine idea! I adore these genius ideas for giving the kids something that is not only fun, but may help them learn something to boot!
22. Be My Valen-SLIME Valentines | Natural Beach Living
Just like squishys, the other “it” thing these days, at least here at our elementary school is SLIME. So this idea would be a definite hit for the kiddos.
23. Lego Valentines | Schooling a Monkey
I don’t know many kids who wouldn’t appreciate more Legos in their life. And if you’re a parent who has TOO MANY Legos at home than you know what to do with, then this would be a GREAT way to repurpose some for a lovely cause!
24. Butterfly Bubbles Valentines | Tikkido
How insanely adorable is this idea for presenting bubbles as a non-candy valentine? Heart-shaped doilies and pom poms. Check out the tutorial for the easy directions.
25. You Color My World Printable Valentines | DIY Candy
Can’t forget one of the staple favorites of children everywhere. Good old crayons.
26. Kinetic Sand Valentines | U Ready Teddy
Another really trendy option that kids would undoubtedly adore. Kinetic sand valentines.
28. Beach Ball Valentines | U Ready Teddy
Another fun pun to present another fun little valentine gift. Mini beach balls with a crafty free printable to attach.
29. Toy Soldiers | Schooling a Monkey
Of course this particular printable makes me break into song, being a child of the 80’s. But little ones may see it as more a reference to the popular Toy Story trilogy. Whichever way you look at it, these are a winner.
30. Coloring Card Valentines | Artsy Craftsy Mom
Have you seen these little pencils, pens and crayons that are stackable? My kids love them. And presenting them bundled with a little valentine coloring page is genius!
31. Printable Unicorn Valentines | The Quiet Grove
Unicorns for the win! And unicorns PLUS a mini-Connect 4 game = one over-the-top awesome idea.
32. MORE Printable Unicorn Valentines | GYCT Designs
Unicorns for the win take 2!
33. Pokemon Valentine Printables | GYCT Designs
Admittedly, I know nothing of Pokemon except that my boys like them a lot. If your school is going through a Pokemon craze, too, then these may be the perfect printable valentines for you to share this year! Print the printable, and attach a fun Pokemon sticker on the back. She’ll show you how over at GYCT Designs.
34. A-MAZE-ing Valentine Printable | Real & Quirky
How about a simple and fun maze printable? Grab yours at Real & Quirky!
35. DIY Dinosaur Valentines | Hunny I’m Home
So stinking cute. And you can’t go wrong with dinosaurs.
36. You Make My Heart Pop | Crazy Little Projects
No candy allowed? How about popcorn? And a colorful coordinating free printable to go with the microwavable treat.
37. DIY Wire Bead Valentines Cards | Hello Wonderful
If you’ve got a little crafter in your home, this may be the perfect non-candy valentine idea for you! DIY bracelets. Check out the full tutorial at Hello Wonderful.
38. Valentines Chatterbox Printable | Hello Wonderful
When I was little we called these little things fortune tellers. And kids were WILD about them. So this is a brilliant idea, in my opinion!! Grab the printable and folding instructions at Hello Wonderful.
39. Lucky Duck Valentines | U Ready Teddy
Rubber ducky, he’s the one! He makes valentine’s day oh so fun 😉
40. Airplane Joke Printables | Kenarry Ideas for Home
My friend Carrie created these fun little joke printables to accompany airplane matchbox-type toys.
41. DIY Ninja Turtle Valentines Cards | Best Friends for Frosting
Got a TMNT fan? These may be right up their Valentine alley.
42. Printable Heart Sunglasses Valentines | Studio DIY
Not exactly sure where you can grab these cute sunglasses in bulk, but head over to Studio DIY for more info. It sure makes a cute Valentine gift idea, doesn’t it?!
43. Another Bright Sunglasses Idea | Where The Smiles Have Been
Another very creative take on a sunglasses valentine freebie idea! These have several witty little sayings, and a great way to attach the printables to the sunglasses.
44. Race Cars | Where The Smiles Have Been
Fan of all things fast and furious? Then these sweet race car printables to go along with a favorite little matchbox car are a fantastic plan!
45. Mustache Valentines | Finding Zest
These sticky mustaches are sure to bring some smiles if you decide to run with this idea for your valentines!
46. DIY Butterfly Pencil Valentines | Buggy and Buddy
47. Light-up Circuit Valentines | Left Brain Craft Brain
I mean….this takes the cake when it comes to the creativity award, no? It’s a DIY light-up valentine! A lesson in Physics and a crafty gift idea in one. Kids would LOVE to make and receive these!
48. Your friendship Blows me Away | Thrifty Jinxy
Another fun bubbles printable idea.
49. You’re a Gem | Suburban Mom
Suburban Mom found ring erasers and used those for this valentine idea! I think kids would adore this one since unique erasers at school are always a hit.
50. Squeeze be my Valentine | Jonesing 2 Create
My daughter was smitten with another version of a squishy-themed printable valentine we spied over on Instagram! Check out this fun idea!
51. “You’re a Cutie!” Printable Valentine | It’s Always Autumn
If they gotta eat something healthy, a little mandarin orange is usually a crowd pleaser.
52. Cupid’s Arrow | Mommy Musings
Kids are always in need of new pencils (especially ones with erasers)! So this idea from Mommy Musings is not only cute but practical, too!
53. Dino-Mite Valentines | Mommy Musings
Another take on a dinosaur valentine. And they sure are cool!
54. High-Five Valentine | Making of a Mom
Here’s another idea for the hand clapper toys! Add a little “high-five” tag printable. Downloadable over at Making of a Mom.
55. Parachute Printable | Making of a Mom
How adorable are these little parachute toy printables? I always loved these parachute toys when I was a kid, too.
56. Bee My Valentine | Polka Dot Chair
Love this fun pencil and eraser topper idea with the punny printable to go with it.
57. Superhero Rings/Erasers or Pencil Printables | Artsy Fartsy Mama
Choose either superhero themed rings, erasers OR pencils to go with these free printables that Lindsay is sharing!
58. Heart-Shaped Pen Puns | Artsy Fartsy Mama
Here’s a funny punny idea! Add a little flag free printable to a heart-shaped pen! Cute and useful, too.
59. Donut Valentines | Artsy Fartsy Mama
I gotta admit, these are some of my absolute favorites in the whole list…maybe it’s because donuts are my weakness ;). Lindsay couples this sugary sweet printable with some donut-shaped rings! The result is simply delectable!
60. Stretchy Arrow “It’s No Stretch” Printable Valentine Tags | Lolly Jane
Stetchy thing-a-ma-bobs are never unappreciated. Especially when packaged with such a fun free printable!
61. Puzzle Valentines | Down Redbud Drive
A precious puzzle idea!! Sammie has her little create personalized puzzles for each friend, but you could also leave them blank so that friends could DIY their own puzzle design. Either way, this idea is terrific!
62. “Plane Sweet” Valentine | The Caterpillar Years
Another fun idea and different take on the non-candy valentines with little foam airplanes!
63. Minecraft Gum Wrappers | Simple As That
Not sure if gum would be permissible in your school or not if there’s a no-candy rule in place, but if you have some Minecraft lovers at home, it may be worth an ask! These free printable Minecraft gum wrappers would sure make some kids happy if you get the green light from their teacher!
64. Fortnite Hot Cocoa Valentines | Arrow & Bliss
Fortnite may be inching out Minecraft in your school. I think it definitely is in ours. If that’s the case, check out these free printables that Victoria is sharing on her blog! They are made to attach to a hot cocoa packet! A PERFECT valentine idea for a cold time of year.
65. Some Bunny Loves You Cracker Valentines | The Idea Room
If all food is off the table for your school’s valentines party, then this idea won’t work for you. BUT, if it’s only candy that’s on the no-no list, then how about this cute little cracker idea from The Idea Room?
66. Punch Balloon Valentines | Paintbrushes and Popsicles
67. Tic-Tac-Toe Game | Paintbrushes and Popsicles
Jenae also created a fun printable with a Valentine theme to go with these great mini-tic-tac-toe games she found!
68. Balloon Printable | Live Laugh Rowe
A great idea from Kelly over at Live Laugh Rowe! The printable she’s offering is adorable, as is the balloon valentine concept!
69. Rainbow Loom Bracelet Printable Valentine’s Tag | Skip to My Lou
This printable takes this idea over the top! If you have a little rainbow loom lover, this idea is completely perfect!
70. You Rule Valentine | Relocated Living
Alright, it’s possible these could turn into swords or baseball bats, etc. but this printable idea with the old school ruler is completely adorable, right?!
71. Erupting Volcano Valentine | Fun at Home with Kids
I think you’d be very hard pressed to find a kid who wouldn’t think this valentine idea was a TON of fun! Check out Asia’s tutorial for the whole how-to and free printable!
72. Whoopee Cushion Valentine | Paging Supermom
BettiJo from Paging Supermom is a genius, and is definitely in touch with her inner child! There isn’t a child out there who wouldn’t be over the moon to have some parent-sanctioned bathroom humor given to them wrapped in a pretty free printable package for valentines day!
73. Applesauce Valentine Printables | Delia Creates for C.R.A.F.T.
Delia Creates created a sure hit when she dreamed up these fun applesauce toppers over at C.R.A.F.T. (Creating Really Awesome Fun Things). A cool way to package a healthy valentine treat!
74. Raisins Valentine Printable | Cutefetti
How’s this for some fun Valentine wordplay? And a healthy treat is a bonus!
75. Friends Like You Are Golden | Crafted Sparrow
OK, so maybe not for everyone, but these nail polish printables are completely adorable, and I bet there’d be a lot of happy lil campers to get their very own nail polish as a valentine goody this year!
76. Goldfish Valentine | Bliss Bloom Blog
Goldfish crackers. A childhood staple. And what a precious printable to package them up!
77. Painting Kit Valentine | Smart Schoolhouse
An artistic twist to a valentine gift option! Love this free printable and concept from Smart Schoolhouse!
78. Printable Paper Airplane | No Biggie
Kami shares a fantastic idea that’s a card and a toy in one! Create your own paper airplane with this fantastic valentine free printable!
79. Valentine Sticker Pack | Vicky Barone
Stickers!! Of course!! Can’t forget that stickers are an easy and crowd-pleasing option. And this printable from Vicky Barone makes them extra-special!
80. You’re the “Balm” Valentine Printable | Overstuffed Life
Lip balm is an awesome idea for that frigid winter weather that many of us endure around Valentines Day!
And there you have it! Over 75 (actually 80) creative, and cost-effective non-candy valentines for kids! These free printable ideas are not only fun but frugal to boot, and kids all over would adore ANY of these fabulous options!
Happy printing! And enjoy your valentine’s day this year (with a lot fewer calories, too ;)!
Pin this post for later! And if you make one, leave a comment (or better yet, a photo) on the pin! That helps others know whether they want to try this project, too!
Pssst…before you go, I sure would love to hang out with you again really, really soon!! Become an insider and get first access to all that’s new here at the nest. Click the image below to join!