45 Precious Pom Pom Crafts…
You love them. I love them. What’s NOT to love about adorably squishy, soft and fluffy pom pom crafts?
It’s quite possible that my own pom pom passion is rooted in a longing to have been a popular high school cheerleader. Or perhaps it’s just that pom pom crafts are insanely easy and inexpensive to make.
Whatever the reason you love these little bulbous balls of fun, you are going to be crazy for this post to end all craft posts!
*This post contains affiliate links. Please see our full disclosure policy HERE.*
“But I don’t know how to make pom poms,” you say. Well, no worries on that front! I’ve got you covered with a couple of tutorials on making them!
I’ve gathered 45 incredible pom pom crafts. There are enough pom pom ideas here to keep your fingers crafting through several Netflix series binges, I’d have to believe. Here’s a little video pom pom preview…
Here’s what you’ll find in this post:
Table of contents
- 4 Top Pom Pom Making Methods:
- Pom Pom Decor:
- 1. DIY Pom Pom Wall Hanging | Sugar and Cloth
- 2. Pom Pom Pillow | A Kailo Chic Life
- 3. Pom Pom Step Stool | Heathered Nest
- 4. Pom Pom letters | Kaleidoscope Living
- 5. Pom Pom Pendant | A Subtle Revelry
- 6. DIY Pom Pom Pillows | Jennifer Perkins
- 7. DIY Pom Pom Wreath | Kaleidoscope Living
- 8. Pom Pom Wall Hanging | Burkatron
- 9. DIY Pom Pom Rug | Say Yes
- 10. Pom Pom Moroccan Pillow | Made in a Day
- 11. Pom Pom and Succulent Wreath | Jennifer Perkins
- 12. DIY Pom Pom Rug | hello wonderful
- Seasonal & Holiday Pom Pom Crafts:
- 13. Easy Pom Pom Pumpkin Craft | Us (Heathered Nest)
- 14. Pom Pom-tastic Santa Sacks | Mollie Makes
- 15. Christmas Gift Wrap with Pom Poms | (Us) Heathered Nest
- 16. Pom Pom Christmas Tree Craft | (Us) Heathered Nest
- 17. Pom Pom Acorns | Plum Doodles
- 18. DIY Pom Pom Twigs | Aunt Peaches
- 19. Neutral Christmas Pom Pom Garland | Paint Yourself a Smile
- 20. Dollar Store Pom Pom Gift Wrap | Southern State of Mind Blog
- 21. Pom Pom Monogram Ornaments | Heathered Nest
- Pom Pom Crafts for Kids (OK, adults too):
- 22. DIY Baker’s Twine Pom Pom Bookmarks | Design Improvised
- 23. DIY Coasters with Pom Poms | (Us) Heathered Nest
- 24. Ice Cream Cone Pom Pom Garland | Growing Up Gabel
- 25. DIY Pom Pom Rainbow Craft | White House Crafts
- 26. Pom Pom Bunny Plushies | I Kat Bag
- 27. Pom Pom Ponytail Holders | Laura Radniecki
- 28. Leather Pom Pom Bookmarks | Delineate Your Dwelling
- 29. Pom Pom Keychain/Bag Charm | Made in a Day
- 30. Clothespin Ballerinas | Wimke
- 31. Pom Pom Cactus | Pinch Me Beautiful
- Pom Pom Crafts in Fashion:
- Pom Pom Crafts for Parties and Tabletops:
- Pom Pom Storage Ideas:
Pom Pom Decor:
1. DIY Pom Pom Wall Hanging | Sugar and Cloth
How precious is this colorful, textured wall decor craft? Customize it to any size you need.
2. Pom Pom Pillow | A Kailo Chic Life
I think I’ve pinned this pillow 97 times. Every time I see it somewhere, I put it on another Pinterest board of mine. Isn’t this pillow pom pom perfection?!
3. Pom Pom Step Stool | Heathered Nest
We had some dirty, very well-loved footstools that needed some sort of second lease on life. After cleaning them off, we added a plush, comfy layer of pom poms! It’s like a party for the kiddos’ feet 😃!
4. Pom Pom letters | Kaleidoscope Living
My friend Tasha made these adorable letters for her daughter’s room.
5. Pom Pom Pendant | A Subtle Revelry
You may know how much we adore DIY lighting projects here. So we think this DIY pendant light with pom poms is a stroke of genius. Inexpensive supplies create a gorgeous, colorful light fixture.
6. DIY Pom Pom Pillows | Jennifer Perkins
Another puff-tastic pillow idea. This one in the shape of a heart 😍has my heart ❤️🧡💛💚💙.
7. DIY Pom Pom Wreath | Kaleidoscope Living
Isn’t this such a welcoming sight for a front door?
8. Pom Pom Wall Hanging | Burkatron
I love, love, love this idea for a chic and easy piece of wall decor/art.
9. DIY Pom Pom Rug | Say Yes
Design your own pom-tastic rug with this tutorial.
10. Pom Pom Moroccan Pillow | Made in a Day
Coupling two fun trends. Moroccan color and pattern with poms.
11. Pom Pom and Succulent Wreath | Jennifer Perkins
Another wonderful wreath. This one pairing poms poms with plants (fake ones, but still fab).
12. DIY Pom Pom Rug | hello wonderful
Check it out. This pom pom rug will make your heart AND your feet happy.
Seasonal & Holiday Pom Pom Crafts:
13. Easy Pom Pom Pumpkin Craft | Us (Heathered Nest)
An awesomely easy autumn pom pom idea.
14. Pom Pom-tastic Santa Sacks | Mollie Makes
I think these Santa sacks have got to be one of the cutest projects on this whole list. Aren’t they phenomenal?
15. Christmas Gift Wrap with Pom Poms | (Us) Heathered Nest
Grab some cookie cutters, and some pom poms and get wrapping!
16. Pom Pom Christmas Tree Craft | (Us) Heathered Nest
We’ve made all kinds of DIY Christmas tree crafts, and the pom pom Christmas tree is one of our favorites.
17. Pom Pom Acorns | Plum Doodles
Isn’t this such a fun, but easy idea?! I love these fall acorns. Perfect to last you from September through Thanksgiving.
18. DIY Pom Pom Twigs | Aunt Peaches
These terrific twigs stopped me dead in my scrolling tracks when I stumbled upon them a while back. This project is definitely on my list this holiday season.
What a great centerpiece or mantel idea, right?
19. Neutral Christmas Pom Pom Garland | Paint Yourself a Smile
I’m a color lover, but if you’re inclined to more neutral tones, pom pom crafts can suit you just fine as well. This winter white pom pom garland is gorgeous.
20. Dollar Store Pom Pom Gift Wrap | Southern State of Mind Blog
My friend Heather does the most darling job with gift wrapping and Dollar Store items. Check out all the variations she’s done for lots of fun and thrifty ideas.
21. Pom Pom Monogram Ornaments | Heathered Nest
Wanting a quick and easy DIY ornament idea for the tree? Try these simple pom pom letter ornaments. Each of my kids made one for the tree this year, and the project takes no more than 10 minutes to accomplish.
Pom Pom Crafts for Kids (OK, adults too):
22. DIY Baker’s Twine Pom Pom Bookmarks | Design Improvised
My 7-year old and 10-year old have made these pom pom bookmarks and pencil toppers. They take no time, and the kids were super proud of their creations.
23. DIY Coasters with Pom Poms | (Us) Heathered Nest
An old 4×4 tile and some glue, and you’re off to the races with this simple pom pom project that keeps you smiling while it’s protecting your furniture.
24. Ice Cream Cone Pom Pom Garland | Growing Up Gabel
I’m so adding this to my craft to-do list.
25. DIY Pom Pom Rainbow Craft | White House Crafts
I mean…this is over the top cute, right?!
26. Pom Pom Bunny Plushies | I Kat Bag
You can create lots of animal friends from pom poms. I adore these jumbo-sized, sweet bunnies. And they don’t seem that hard to create per the step-by-step instructions provided.
27. Pom Pom Ponytail Holders | Laura Radniecki
Truth be told, I kind of want some of these for me! But I will settle for making some with my daughter. Such a fun, and inexpensive way to accessorize her wardrobe.
28. Leather Pom Pom Bookmarks | Delineate Your Dwelling
Another bookmark variation. This time done with leather. Very chic.
29. Pom Pom Keychain/Bag Charm | Made in a Day
My kids embellish their school bags like crazy. If yours do as well, then you gotta try this craft!
30. Clothespin Ballerinas | Wimke
Isn’t this a precious idea for a clothespin?! And check out the tutorial because the author has such a cool way of getting the pom pom onto the little ballerina.
31. Pom Pom Cactus | Pinch Me Beautiful
Check out this sweet little project…and look what she made the little pot out of! Genius.
Pom Pom Crafts in Fashion:
32. Pom Pom Tote Bag | Delineate Your Dwelling
A precious way to embellish a pocketbook.
33. Easy DIY Beach Hat with Pom Pom Trim | (Us) Heathered Nest
Adding pom pom trim is about the easiest way ever to bring pom poms into the mix.
34. DIY Pom Pom Tassel Circle Pool Bag | Sugar and Cloth
Honestly, adding tassels and poms to almost ANY bag would be a plus, in my book! Check out this easy breezy idea via Sugar and Cloth.
35. Pom Pom Sweater | A Beautiful Mess
Stop the presses. This jumper seriously makes me want to jump for joy.
36. Pom Pom Scarf | Style-Diaries
37. Pom Pom Necklace/Headband | Sisters Suitcase Blog
This sweet DIY pom pom craft does double duty as a headband AND a necklace ❤️.
Pom Pom Crafts for Parties and Tabletops:
38. Pom Pom Party Hats | Tell Love & Party
What a smart way to up your party hat game!
39. Giant Pom Pom Garland | Merry About Town
Go with vibrant hues, or adapt for a holiday like Christmas with red and green, or Easter with pleasant pastels.
40. Pom Pom Napkin Rings | Art Bar Blog
A pop of color next to your dinner plate.
41. Summer Pom Pom Napkins | PMQ for 2
How cool are these cocktail napkins to spruce up your next soiree?
42. This is Our Bliss | Pom Pom Napkin Rings
Another darn good Dollar Store pom craft here. Guess what Rachael made the rings from?
43. Pom Pom Gift Bows | Lia Griffith
Expensive? No…but don’t these pom pom gift bows paired with thrifty brown craft paper look like a million bucks?
Pom Pom Storage Ideas:
44. DIY Pom Pom Storage Boxes | Studio DIY
A little punch of color added to any bin or box is a yes, in my book!
45. Pom Pom Embellished Basket | Dimples and Tangles
If you love pom poms, then you HAVE to meet Jennifer from Dimples and Tangles. The gal’s home and wardrobe is dripping in poms and monograms, buffalo check and ALLLL the good things. Go check out how she embellished this basket to mimic a much more expensive option she spied at a fave retailer.
Phew…and there you have it, friends. 45 insanely adorable pom pom crafts to keep you churning out these cute crafts for a long while. Pom pom crafts are great for kids and adults alike. They can bring colorful, textured fun to every corner of your home.
Love the playfulness of pom poms, but no time to DIY, you say? Have no fear, we have options to buy instead of DIY. I’ve shopped my pom pom loving heart out and found buyable alternatives to almost every DIY project shared on this extensive list. And that’s certainly something to grab some pom poms and cheer about ❤️.
Love pom poms and other crafts? You may want to check these out, too!
Pin this post for later! And if you make one, leave a comment (or better yet, a photo) on the pin! That helps others know whether they want to try this project, too!