47 EASY DIY Christmas ornament ideas that can each be completed in 20 minutes or less!
Christmas is RIGHT around the corner! Yep, we’re coming down to the wire, and since there’s not enough time to even have Amazon Prime deliver gifts in time for the big day, how about some crafting up some SUPER quick and easy DIY Christmas ornaments for gift-giving?
These ornaments are not only simple, they will still give someone a homemade gift that says you care in a thoughful way (instead, or maybe in addition to that gift card you were about to throw in their stocking 😉
And if you are dealing with crazy kids who seem to be gaining energy even as you are petering out, having them do some simple ornament crafts to burn some excitement may be just what the elves ordered!
And hey listen, if you’re on the hunt for more crafty holiday inspiration, be sure to check out these articles, too!
Oh, and question for you…is your home organized, decluttered, and ready for the holidays? No?! Well, you aren’t alone! Clutter can suck the joy out of the holiday season. So don’t let it steal yours! Grab your free copy of “Decluttering for Christmas” it’s my quick tip guide to help you declutter so that you can relax and enjoy this holiday season!⤵️
47 Easy DIY Christmas Ornament Ideas (That Can All Be Made In 20-Minutes or Less)
1. Melted Crayon DIY Christmas Ornaments | heatherednest.com
These melted crayon ornaments are simple, but they don’t necessarily look as though they were thrown together at the last minute! They are fun for kids and adults alike.
And once you’re done with these, you may just want to try some other melted crayon crafts, too!
2. Quick Pom Pom Letter Ornaments | heatherednest.com
These only require a couple supplies, and can be thrown together fast. That said, they add so much color, and a little bit of personalization to the Christmas tree, too!
We have another version that will take a little more time, but gives the look of a snow globe with a special treat inside!
3. Easy Duct Tape Ornaments | heatherednest.com
So many amazing crafts can come from duct tape, including these preppy plaid, last minute Christmas ornaments!
Pssst…these make great gift tags, too!
4. Paint-Dipped Paintbrushes | heatherednest.com
These are so easy. I’m going to dress a little tree next year entirely with dipped paintbrushes.
5. Gumball Machine Ornaments | katedecorates.co
I adore this colorful, whimsical DIY ornament that Kate made with her kiddos. It’s quick, simple and will be a magical addition to anyone’s tree!
6. Mason Canning Jar Wreath Ornament | crayonsandcravings.com
Got any spare canning jar lids hanging around? What about scrap fabric?
If your answer to these questions is YES, then you’re ready to craft up an adorable Christmas tree wreath ornaments in mere minutes!
7. DIY Agate Slice Ornaments | abubblylife.com
Gotta be honest. I had never heard of an agate slice before I stumbled on this craft. I love the colors.
8. DIY Embossed Birch Branch Slice Ornaments | sustainmycrafthabit.com
And what do we have here? YUP. More glitter. You can’t avoid it round the holidays, friends. Give it up for a new year’s resolution in a couple weeks.
9. DIY Birch Wood Slice Ornament With Wood Burned Design | danslelakehouse.com
I love using a woodburning tool, but I think that she was SUPER smart to stick with a simple, classic design on these ornaments. I’ve tried fancy ones, and they end up looking like a kindergartener had control of the wheel.
10. DIY Color Blocked Instagram Ornaments | thecraftedlife.com
How’s this for a super fun hipster gift? Print out some of your fave Instagram posts from the past year and get to work!
11. Cute Pine Cone Penguin Ornament Craft | hellowonderful.co
Stop the presses. Is this not the cutest little wintery scene-o-crafty-ornaments EVER?!
12. Sweater DIY Christmas Ornaments | designertrapped.com
Super quick, super easy, super inexpensive. It’s a trifecta.
13. Hand Stamped Clay Ornaments | erinspain.com
These clay ornaments are such a classic. I really want to try some with my kids this season.
14. Cinnamon Salt Dough Gingerbread Men | treasureinanearthenvessel.blogspot.com
I LOVED reading this blogger’s post about making these DIY salt dough gingerbread ornaments with her grandchildren. It left me with a warm feeling.
We adore creating salt dough ornaments around here. In fact, we have a post with over 20 awesome salt dough ornament ideas. So definitely check that out, too!
Don’t forget to grab your free Christmas decluttering helper!⤵️
16. “Mason Jar” tree ornament | simplyciani.blogspot.com
I almost didn’t click on this ornament because I was thinking, “come on, mason jars are WAY too big for an ornament,” but she’s smart…she knew this, so she used BABY FOOD JARS! Stroke of genius, no?
17. DIY Marbled Ornaments | sugarandcharm.com
These are precious! They remind me of Easter eggs 🙂
18. Butterfly DIY Christmas Ornaments | themagiconions.com
These are so fun and different. I don’t think I’ve ever seen any ornaments quite like them.
19. S’More Ornaments | General RV Center (on YouTube)
These may in fact be the cutest DIY ornaments known to man. I am going to make these for Sweet Cheeks’ little tree in his room next year. ADORABLE!!!!
20. Rustic Wood Decoupage Ornament Tutorial | tikkido.com
Styled here as a gift tag (another great idea), these decoupage ornaments are GENIUS!!
21. Classic Personalized Christmas Ornament | organized31.com
So many ways to spin this easy ornament idea, and any way you do it, you’ll end up with a simple but personalized Christmas ornament someone on your list will love!
22. DIY Glitter Dipped Snowflake Ornaments | thisdesignjournal.com
More glitter makes for a simply beautiful snowflake ornament here.
23. DIY Christmas Ornament Tutorial Using Paper Straws | makeanddocrew.com
Who knew straws could create such a lovely Christmas tree accessory, right?
24. DIY Painted Gold Leaf Ornaments | thesweetestoccasion.com
I’m TOTALLY in love with these! They looks so chic and high-end, but can be DIY’d in no time at all!
25. Easy Puzzle Piece Snowflake Ornament | aboutamom.com
Got any random puzzle pieces lying about the house? Chances are, the answer is yes! So why not use them to create something awesome, like this DIY puzzle piece snowflake ornament?!
26. Buffalo Plaid Embroidery Hoop Ornaments | hunnyimhomediy.com
A mini embroidery hoop has to be one of the best tools for creating adorable ornaments quickly and easily. If you love this farmhouse-chic creation, grab the free SVG file to go with it!
27. Mini-Tealight Ornaments | tagandtibby.com
I always see pictures of Christmas trees decorated “in the olden days” when they’d use candles on the trees. Sure, wasn’t the safest idea, but boy, I bet those trees looked so pretty!
This genius (and quick) idea from tagandtibby harkens back to those bygone days, but safely!
28. Vacation Memory Ornament | uprightandcaffeinated.com
This is a fast, easy way to recall great memories from vacations. Make a simple ornament with bits of map, tickets, or other memorabilia placed in a classic clear glass ornament!
Christmas ornaments always bring back the best memories, and this one is sure to do that!
29. Cupcake Liner Ornaments | liltigers.net
This project is great to do with the little ones. Lil Tigers shares three crafts, each made with cupcake liners, that can be easily made into ornaments with a basic hole punch and some string.
30. Felt Squares Wreath Ornament | annsentitledlife.com
Pin this post for later! And if you make one, leave a comment (or better yet, a photo) on the pin! That helps others know whether they want to try this project, too!
31. Wine Cork Christmas Tree Ornament | greenwithdecor.com
Do you stash wine corks? If so, here’s a great way to repurpose them this holiday season!
32. Spice-Filled Ornaments | popshopamerica.com
Fill an ornament with scents of the holidays. Doesn’t take long, but creates a lovely, aromatic gift.
33. DIY Ski Set Ornament | chaoticallyyours.com
This precious little skiing ornament is surprisingly simple to make. You can probably do it without a trip to the craft store, too!
34. Mud Cloth Ornaments | thebeautydojo.com
These are over the top adorable, right?! They have a very Nordic look, which is always beautiful, but especially in winter.
35. Cinnamon Stick Reindeer Ornaments | frugalmomeh.com
These reindeer ornaments aren’t difficult to construct, are adorable, and bonus points…smell great!
36. Paper Straw Christmas Tree Ornaments | rufflesandrainboots.com
We’ve seen a straw ornament here already today, but I had to include this one as well because it’s a very different take, but also super quick and easy to make!
37. Elf Hat Ornaments | dollarcrafter.com
Another kid-friendly ornament idea…sweet little elf hats made with very basic supplies.
38. Button Christmas Trees | girljustdiy.com
Have a button collection that’s doing nothing but collecting dust? Create some cute little Christmas trees to hang on your tree in no time at all!
39. Spanish Moss Ornaments | charlestoncrafted.com
Love the look of Spanish moss? Well, why not use some for your Christmas tree?
40. Snow-Scene Diorama Easy DIY Christmas Ornaments | rachelteodoro.com
These little snow-scene 3D ornaments are truly magical…especially knowing they didn’t take hours to create!
41. Gnome Wood Poster Ornament | brooklynberrydesigns.com
You can grab the free SVG download and make one of these adorable “Gnomies” ornaments in just a few minutes.
42. Faux Fur Pom Pom DIY Ornaments | thediydreamer.com
Great for a minimalist tree, farmhouse style or heck, just about any tree, these easy pom pom ornaments are fluffy, fun and insanely simple to put together.
43. Rustic Twig Ornaments | thediydreamer.com
Talk about a last minute idea…run out to your yard, grab some twigs, and like Christmas magic, you can put together these chic, rustic ornaments in a flash!
44. Easy Oyster Ornaments | simplenaturedecorblog.com
Great for coastal homes, this idea is super purist and au natural…grab some oyster shells and hang them on your tree! This post will show you how.
45. LEGO Candy Cane Ornament | creativegreenliving.com
You’ve got everything you need for this easy DIY Christmas tree ornament if you have any LEGO sets in the house! Done before you can say a knock knock joke, this little ornament will make your little LEGO lovers smile when they hang it on the tree.
46. Candy Cane Ice Skate Ornaments | thesoccermomblog.com
Let the kids decorate the mini stockings, and you glue on the candy cane at the bottom to create these sweet little ice skate ornaments!
47. Cinnamon Stick Easy DIY Christmas Tree Ornament | heatherednest.com
Grab some ribbon, and tie it around a cinnamon stick. That’s the gist of this easy ornament craft.
The key? SHARP scissors so you can cut the ribbon easily at the end to give the shaped look of a tree.
And that’s a wrap! Which of these easy DIY Christmas ornaments are you going to try first? There is certainly no shortage of crafty inspiration here! Happy holidays!
Pin this project for later! And if you decide to try it, leave a comment on the pin! That helps others know whether they want to try it, too!
Before you leave…it’s hard to enjoy the holiday season when we look around and all we see is clutter. Take control of the clutter, so you can truly relax this Christmas – our free Christmas decluttering guide will help! I’ve reserved a free copy for you. Grab it here! ⤵